Error: “An error has occurred” when installing or uninstalling Norton
Run Norton Remove and Reinstall tool to fix the error with the installation of the Norton Antivirus.
- Download and Install Norton Remove and Reinstall tool on your computer.
- Open the Download’s folder
- Run the setup file by double-tap ( NRnR File )
- Click on Agree to continue with the installation
- Choose Advance Option
- Tap on Remove Only
- Click on Remove
- After that, click on restart option
After the computer turns on, reinstall Norton by following the on-screen instructions.
Error: “Norton installation has encountered an error and is unable to continue.”
Update the Video graphics driver to Fix Norton Error
1. Open Run Box by press Window + R Keys
2. Type: devmgmt.msc and then press Enter
3. Click on Display Adapter
4. Right-click on the HD graphics card, and go to Properties.
5. On the Driver tab, check the graphics card driver is up to date or not.
6. If the driver is outdated, the user should have Downloaded and installed a new graphics card driver.
7. Select your graphics card manufacturer:
- AMD/ATI Radeon HD video graphics
- Intel HD video graphics
- NVIDIA graphics
8. Reboot the computer and check if the issue resolves or not. If still getting the same issue, reinstall Norton.
For more information visit Norton.com/setup